Skills | Service | Sustainability | Safety – You will find everything you need on this course to get your career in tourism and hospitality to soar.
Welcome to the Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality in Conwy course. It currently consists of 4 individual modules that cover the important topics of:
- Employment in Tourism and Hospitality
- Customer Service
- Green Sustainable Tourism
- Safety on the Sea and Mountains
Each module offers you an introduction to the topic that will help you to progress if you are looking for a new career, or a change of career. They will help you to understand the importance of customer service, appreciate why being green is important in tourism and hospitality, and learn how you can help visitors (and yourself) stay safe while out exploring the amazing outdoors in Conwy County.
If you would like to find out more about a particular topic, there is a resource section for you to explore. This includes more information kindly provided by key organisations and reports/materials used during the research process.
We hope that you enjoy working through these modules which, in addition to the text and images, include video clips and insights and experiences from real life experts. At the end of each module is a short quiz on the content.
Once you have completed all the modules, we hope you feel inspired to start planning your career in the tourism and hospitality sector in Conwy.
This project is funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund
TIP: Please complete the modules in the language that you started using. We cannot guarantee to keep your score if you change languages.
Employment in the Tourism and Hospitality Sector
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality
- The facts and figures
- Why choose Tourism and Hospitality as a career?
- The diverse roles and career opportunities in Conwy County
- What skills and qualifications do you need
- Career Progression within the Conwy Tourism Industry
- How to find a career in Tourism and Hospitality
Introduction to Customer Service
Green Sustainable Tourism
Visitor Safety in the Mountains and on the Sea
- Mountain Safety: Introduction to the growing popularity of exploring the outdoors and mountain rescue
- How to be responsible for yourself
- Look out for nature on the Mountains
- Mountain Safety: What to do if you get into trouble
- Sea Safety: Introduction
- How to be responsible in and around the Blue Space
- Sea Safety: Look out for nature
- What to do if you get into trouble or see someone in trouble on the coast